The WG168 trimmer was bought in June 2015 from eBay, new in box with battery, charger and warranty form.It was a shock to read "made in China" but it worked although battery life was much shorter than advertised.
Because the battery also got very hot, that made sense. However battery life is much shorter when the battery gets so hot so it was the first hint of a programmed failure. Less than a year after purchase, after a few uncanny and loud noises the motor was stuck. On inspection (as electronics designer I'm qualified) the magnets were lose, one was broken, some were missing.
The "why" was discovered immediately: the plastic around the bearing (where the trimming wire is located) got worn out. The holder for that bearing should have been made from metal instead of from plastic because due to the large forces involved the event of the rotor hitting the stator magnets is guaranteed when using plastic. Hence I am convinced that technically, Worx tools are frauds, designed to fail. The only way a corporation can get away with that is a customer service set up to primarily blame customers and to use all legal loopholes available to avoid accountability.
The Worx customer "service" acted as expected: despite the availability of all required serial numbers that can easily be verified, this villainous corporation proclaims that nobody else but the eBay vendor is responsible and as could have been guessed, that vendor ( = Positec Worx) set up shop at eBay with a different ID, avoiding damage claims.Photos: pieces of destroyed magnet, red ring showing how much the plastic has worn out, carbon brushes showing the trimmer hasn't been used often.
More Review Details
|Ease of Use|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Most lousy engineering i ever met
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Wg168 Trimmer
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Hi I bought the car from Saxton and I have been ask if I want dvd headrest entertainment unit as is on offer normally is £2000 but we doing it..."
- "The hood cracked and then literally started melting... why would a product intended for heating food melt!!!? What a scam. ..."
- "I purchased a defective element TV from target on black Friday, tried to have target exchange it but they were out of stock so i attempted to call element electronics..."
- "The WG168 trimmer was bought in June 2015 from eBay, new in box with battery, charger and warranty form. It was a shock to read "made in China" but it..."
- " All Reviews Telecommunications Fox News 48 of 272 reviews Fox News The Kelly File Tv Show Review from Helotes, Texas ISSUE NOT RESOLVED Helotes, Texas Oct 19 ..."
- "I bought a primo bottom loader water cooler it also Wiil give u hot water for tea etc. I had it for 6. Months and both functions failed. ..."
- "My name is Courtney and I work for the carnival Reithoffers Shows located in Aiken, SC right now. On wednesday October 26 2016 at about 3:45 am I arrived at..."