The WG168 trimmer was bought in June 2015 from eBay, new in box with battery, charger and warranty form.It was a shock to read "made in China" but it worked although battery life was much shorter than advertised.
Because the battery also got very hot, that made sense. However battery life is much shorter when the battery gets so hot so it was the first hint of a programmed failure. Less than a year after purchase, after a few uncanny and loud noises the motor was stuck. On inspection (as electronics designer I'm qualified) the magnets were lose, one was broken, some were missing.
The "why" was discovered immediately: the plastic around the bearing (where the trimming wire is located) got worn out. The holder for that bearing should have been made from metal instead of from plastic because due to the large forces involved the event of the rotor hitting the stator magnets is guaranteed when using plastic. Hence I am convinced that technically, Worx tools are frauds, designed to fail. The only way a corporation can get away with that is a customer service set up to primarily blame customers and to use all legal loopholes available to avoid accountability.
The Worx customer "service" acted as expected: despite the availability of all required serial numbers that can easily be verified, this villainous corporation proclaims that nobody else but the eBay vendor is responsible and as could have been guessed, that vendor ( = Positec Worx) set up shop at eBay with a different ID, avoiding damage claims.Photos: pieces of destroyed magnet, red ring showing how much the plastic has worn out, carbon brushes showing the trimmer hasn't been used often.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Ease of Use|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Most lousy engineering i ever met
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We have the expensive GE front load clothes washer WCVH6260 series purchased in November of 2006. It has been annoying from a very young age, smelling like mold and..."
- "I purchased a defective element TV from target on black Friday, tried to have target exchange it but they were out of stock so i attempted to call element electronics..."
- "My husband and I had been researching fridges for the past several months, and last week came across an 'open box' Samsung at Best Buy that was within range of..."
- "The WG168 trimmer was bought in June 2015 from eBay, new in box with battery, charger and warranty form. It was a shock to read "made in China" but it..."
- "IHole in One International had such bad reviews BBB Bad reviews many of them I considered doing work with hole in one international and looked into their background and i..."
- "120$ Wasted on a dress that looks nothing like site dress very poorly imitated. If we had more money and time they wouldn't be worn. I will never order from..."
- " HP PC's - Urgent - DO NOT BUY - Rubbish After Sales. So the story is, HP agree to pick up my PC for repair when the PC has..."