The WG168 trimmer was bought in June 2015 from eBay, new in box with battery, charger and warranty form.It was a shock to read "made in China" but it worked although battery life was much shorter than advertised.
Because the battery also got very hot, that made sense. However battery life is much shorter when the battery gets so hot so it was the first hint of a programmed failure. Less than a year after purchase, after a few uncanny and loud noises the motor was stuck. On inspection (as electronics designer I'm qualified) the magnets were lose, one was broken, some were missing.
The "why" was discovered immediately: the plastic around the bearing (where the trimming wire is located) got worn out. The holder for that bearing should have been made from metal instead of from plastic because due to the large forces involved the event of the rotor hitting the stator magnets is guaranteed when using plastic. Hence I am convinced that technically, Worx tools are frauds, designed to fail. The only way a corporation can get away with that is a customer service set up to primarily blame customers and to use all legal loopholes available to avoid accountability.
The Worx customer "service" acted as expected: despite the availability of all required serial numbers that can easily be verified, this villainous corporation proclaims that nobody else but the eBay vendor is responsible and as could have been guessed, that vendor ( = Positec Worx) set up shop at eBay with a different ID, avoiding damage claims.Photos: pieces of destroyed magnet, red ring showing how much the plastic has worn out, carbon brushes showing the trimmer hasn't been used often.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Ease of Use|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Most lousy engineering i ever met
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Dome melted and contacted company. Was offered replacement at a price and willing to pay but never received reply. Sent my shipping info but contact person said wasn't received. sent..."
- "I ordered a new battery for my mower and they shipped a charger for a different battery then they shipped a the right battery but it arrived damaged then they..."
- "My husband and I had been researching fridges for the past several months, and last week came across an 'open box' Samsung at Best Buy that was within range of..."
- "I'm not usually one to put businesses on blast on the internet BUT - Ridge Crossings Apartments is a joke of place to call a home, neighborhood, or property management..."
- "Looking for teaching jobs in Vietnam? Don't go to Thai Binh Duong or Thái Bình Dương center. They stand for broken promises, take money from teachers without telling, lying about..."
- "Where do I begin.... We have had nothing but issues with Ryan Homes. To start, quality of work is bottom of the barrel. After moving in, it became immediately apparent..."