I purchased the Worx WG650 on Amazon.com less than 3 years ago. I used it once in the late winter of 2011 with no problem. We had no appreciable snow until today when I tried to use it again. The snow thrower again worked great, but after clearing about 3/4 of the snow, one of the parts on the top of the snow thrower unscrewed and must have fallen into snow thrower chute. The auger sliced the part in half, and then stopped running. The motor still works, but the auger no longer turns.

I called Worx Customer Service to ask if they could replace the unit (it was within 3 years of buying it, so I thought it would be covered on their 3 year warranty) but I was told that the unit was not covered. Wrong. They told me the unit was no longer covered. They offered to send me a new auger, but I'd have no clue how to replace it, or whether that would solve the problem. (plus, I'm not very handy when it comes to fixing things)

So, I asked if I could take the snow thrower to a service center to be repaired. Worx apparently has no service centers for repairing their merchandise.

So I'm looking at paying $229 three years ago for a snow thrower that I used twice, and stored in my garage for 3 years taking up space. Great. I will NEVER purchase another Worx product based on this experience.

Had an Experience with Worx?

Comments

New York, New York, United States #862632

I want to know how the *** you reached a live person.No one in that SCAM company calls back ..

No way to reach anyone because I'm convinced beyond a doubt-- no one is there.. GET IT..

They are a Nightmare to try to reach.Total nightmare..